New Birth, New Day, New Beginnings

It has been two weeks since my grandbaby Sofia Jane Nelson was brought into this world. Our kind Heavenly Father blessed us with this precious life on July 24, 2011 at 12:19PM. Her mother's labor was long and hard but God saw that Tara would be alright and Sofia entered through a emergency C-Section.

Life is good right now, Mom and Baby are learning each others cues, bonding quickly and Dad, (Jason) has been there by their side as much as possible to help everything along. The family of 3 have very quickly become my obsession and then some. Can you blame me? Of course it doesn't help that they are only about a mile away...and I have Friday's off. Tara has agreed to allow me to take care of Sofia on Fridays once she goes back to work. In the meantime, I have to get my household in order (renovations completed) and my animals used to the fact that they are no longer going to be the center of attention all the time.  Actually my cats are fine, it's my Dog Max, who pouts and barks whenever Sofie is around.

Anyway, it has been exciting, bittersweet and heartwarming all at once. I find my self crying alot lately. Don't know if it's just my menopause kicking in, my hormones are so out of whack lately and I've been using herbal therapies that seem to work, but sometimes it is overwhelming.

I feel blessed. I feel like God loves me and my family and wants to bless us that he has given us Sofia.
I can't help but think about Psalm 139, which talks about God's all seeing eye and inescapable presence, about how he designed each and everyone of us, knew us from before we were to be born.....the idea that Sofia was created in His mind first and that He chose Tara and Jason to be her parents and Tom and I to be her gandparents is humbling. Thank you God all I can do is just that be thankful and pray for your guidance to help raise her to be a God - fearing woman.

Here is a link to the Psalm....Your Love - Oslo Gospel Choir


Comments

Popular Posts